Easy Gourmet Gift Basket Ideas.
A gourmet gift basket is just perfect for any special occasion or as a get-well gift basket. You can select the theme based gift basket on the occasion (or non-occasion) and the receiver. The combinations are endless.
1. Look for a good, sturdy, but, presentable container. Wicker baskets are the traditional selections especially for food baskets, but, you can also select metal buckets, big bowls, decorative wooden boxes, pottery, or even ice buckets.
2. Fun themes for the gourmet gift basket will depend on the recipient’s hobbies, interests, likes, occupation, etc. Since it’s a gourmet gift basket, why not try ideas like exotic food baskets, chocolate inspiration or “craving killer” chocolate baskets, “around the world” coffee baskets, “North Pole” wine baskets, or holiday cheer cookie baskets.
3. A food gourmet gift basket can be a combination of several food items or kitchen accessories. Make sure the food is all non-perishable.
- Olive oils
- Flavored fruit vinegars
- Condiments or sauces
- Pepper sausages
- Chocolate dipped pretzels or chocolate bars
- Leaf teas
- Rare cookbook
- Small melting or biscotti pans
- Towels or mitts
- Cloth placemats or napkins
- Napkin holders or coasters
4. Chocolate baskets are easy to put together if you know what types of chocolate to assemble for the recipient. If you don’t then you can put together chocolates from different countries, the typical “craving killer” type of gift basket
5. Coffee baskets are also easy to assemble. You can put together an “around the world” coffee gift basket with coffee from 12 different countries or a coffee basket with 7 or 8 different brands or regions and throw in a mug or two.
6. There are so much varieties to make a cookie gift basket. You can either assemble a full cookie basket of different varieties from different countries or throw in a wine bottle with the cookies. If you can, find out what particular cookies and wine the recipient likes.